Mini documentary – Filmed at Gauteng Hunt

One of the members of the Gauteng Beagle Scent Hunt Club filmed and put together this video of a typical hunt day – from the early dark wakeup, to the hunt, scores, missing beagles, rules, and the delicious breakfast afterwards – it gives you a pretty great idea of what we get up to on those hunting mornings.

Take 10 minutes of your day, and watch this (with sound!) … it really is lovely!

Thank you SO MUCH to Michele for putting this together and sharing it with us! Perhaps it can be an annual thing!

Please leave your comments below so we can share them with her πŸ™‚

17 Responses to “ Mini documentary – Filmed at Gauteng Hunt ”

1. Nikki Heyman says:

This is awesome! Thank you Michelle! I swear they missed Tigger coming in on the line – I saw him!

2. Tanya Tanya says:

But there is a great shot of his bib πŸ™‚

3. Nelisia Van Dyk says:

It looks like great fun for the dogs. They must love it.

4. Raymond says:

Thanks Michelle… Great to see the dogs running on video.

5. Jenna says:

Very Very good. i think this is a good way to show people what the hunts are about, very informative. Manson and Miley heard all the baying and came running. Miley was watching the screen so intensily. they finally realised that it wasnt real and that it was like the dogs on tv and went back to sleep until they heard the horn and then they were off. i dont quite know where they were off to outside πŸ™‚ looking forward to seeing miley on the lines and not sleeping the whole time ;)im sure she is eager to, that nose has not stopped of late πŸ˜€

6. Wendy says:

Such fun to watch this &it’s great to share it with my family, who wonder what an earth we do. Thanks for getting it all together Michele.

7. Michael says:

Awesome! Can’t wait for Vegas to join in winter!

8. kerry says:

Gucci loved the video! We cant wait to joint the team.

9. Nic says:

Awesome Video!!

10. Nic's mom says:

Absolutely great! I’ve never had the opportunity to be there, only heard Nic talk about. Thanks for filming the whole event.

11. Thanks for sharing the video. In the Free State we only hear about the hunts. It looks like a lot of fun
    Octavie

12. Lynne says:

We also live in the Free State and look forward to the photo’s every week. It was great to see how much more it entails. Really good, except of cause for the 5 am part πŸ™‚

13. Carmen says:

Absolutely fabulous….Baxter nearly dislocated his neck trying to locate all that barking πŸ˜‰ thanks michelle

14. debbie says:

Thanks ,that looks like such fun! Think I would be very nervous just to let my Jodi go. Gonna have to join the Cape hunts next year!

15. Karen says:

Wow – what a good idea to film it. Brings back a lot of good memories! Little Miley seems to be getting cuddles from everyone and Bernie is so happy to see everyone in the morning …

16. Rasebolelo (Rasi) says:

WOW, you guys in Jo’burg really got it together hey. What a brilliantly filmed hunt. One day when I have the courage I will take my boy Fred to one of these events.

Keep it up !!!

17. Del says:

Fantastic! Are these hunts still happening? I have three beagles who would love to come.