ADOPTION: Megan & Baxter

*NOTE:* beagles are high maintenance dogs. They need constant attention and lots of exercise and mental stimulation. Training is essential for puppies! They are easily bored, and WILL bark and howl and disturb your neighbours. They WILL dig up your garden and chew your plants/shoes/kreepy-krawly/clothes/sprinkler system/everything they see ESPECIALLY if they are bored. PLEASE remember these factors when purchasing a puppy!! Beagles are pack animals and NEED to be part of your family. A beagle living outside, alone is a recipe for disaster.*

Please so some reading and research into the breed if you have not had a beagle before.Dog Breed Info has some valuable info as well as Wikipedia. You may find some interesting info on Burke’s Backyard too. **

***

EDIT – 11 September – Megan & Baxter have been adopted together!

AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION:

Megan (2) and Baxter (1.5) sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G.. well these two are totally in love with each other. They came into foster care about 3 weeks ago as two separate rescues. Baxter on Thursday and Megan on Friday. From the first night they were inseparable. They play, sleep and eat together and I would LOVE for them to stay together. They are just awesome. If you would like to adopt this pair, get hold of Hester on beagleras@gmail.com or 083 228 4461. They are currently in JHB but can relocate to an awesome home out there.

megan baxter

10 Responses to “ ADOPTION: Megan & Baxter ”

1. RAMBERT MR ALDO says:

Hi
    I am from Mauritius and I have decided to breed a new pack of hunting dogs with beagles. I am contacting several breeders in South Africa. The main condition for importing dogs in Mauritius, is that the dogs must be six months old at least. I would like to purchase one pair of beagles plus if ever other adoption dogs as the one you have. Are Megan and Baxter sterilised? Could you please reverse back to me with more information.

Kind regards

2. Hester Pescivolo says:

Yes Megan and Baxter are sterilised. In fact all rescue dogs are fixed before they are rehomed. It is a non-negotiable condition. So unfortunately you will not be able to use any of the rescue dogs for breeding.

3. Phila Ngubo says:

Hi, I’m from KZN Durban, I got so nuch love for dogs, I just wanna ask if I will required to pay money if I adopt, if so, how much would it be

4. Hester Pescivolo says:

The adoption fee is R600 per dog. These dogs are currently in JHB and it would be around R1000 each to transport to KZN. That makes is R1600 per dog ! I also prefer that they remain in Gauteng.

5. Phila Ngubo says:

Ok I understand, since I’m based in Durban that means I can’t do this adoption due to the fact that you prefer the two to remain in Gauteng

6. Phila Ngubo says:

Thank you, I like the dogs but I respect your desire to keep them around Gauteng, since I’m based in Durban that means I can’t do this adoption

7. Phila Ngubo says:

Thank you, I like the dogs and I respect your desire to keep them in Gauteng, since I’m based in Durban that means I can’t do this adoption

8. Phila Ngubo says:

Apologies for same replies, I’m having signal problem on my smart phone

9. Hester Pescivolo says:

I have personally fostered these two for the past 3 months and I would like for them to remain where I can still see them and visit them. We have grown very attached to them. I have a few people interested (in Gauteng) in taking them and therefore do not see the need to relocate them to KZN. There will be other dogs up for adoption in your area. You just need to complete an adoption form as well. Please send a mail to beagleras@gmail.com and ask for a form. Without this you can not be put onto the adoption list.

10. Phila Ngubo says:

Thank you, I understand, I will keep looking for them around KZN, I am a young male with so much love for dogs especially Beagles and Coonhounds